Nativity Prep is a Jesuit, Catholic middle school (grades 4-8) serving boys from low-income families residing in the City of Boston. We accept students of all faiths and backgrounds.
The goal of the admissions process is to determine whether prospective students would be a good fit for Nativity Prep, which includes high expectations, rigorous academics, spiritual formation, sports and extracurricular activities, an extended day, a mandatory summer program, and parental involvement.
• Residency: Applicants must live in the City of Boston.
• Grade: Applicants must be entering the 4th grade, (although occasionally 5th and 6th graders are accepted if a spot opens).
• Income: Applicants must be from low-income families. More than 90% of Nativity students are eligible for the federal free or reduced lunch program.
How to Apply:
1. Obtain an application by downloading it from the website, calling Nativity Prep, or picking it up in person.
2. Return the completed application form with a copy of the household’s first two pages of the current 1040 tax forms (or equivalent income documentation) to the school.
3. Obtain copies of the student’s grades (2nd grade final report card and 3rd grade first report). Also all special education plans, if any. Submit to Nativity Prep.
4. Submit Evaluation Forms (Reading and Math) to the current teacher(s) along with the return envelopes and ask him/her to mail or fax the completed forms to Nativity Prep, 39 Lamartine St. Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 as soon as possible. Fax number (857) 728-0037 (attention to Admissions)
5. Once all documents are submitted, the application will be reviewed. Based on all the information gathered, Nativity may consider inviting the student in for a small group evaluation and the parent(s) for an interview. You will be informed of the dates for these evaluations later in the process.
Decision letters and Early Admission
Decision letters will be mailed during the second week in May. However, strong candidates may be notified of early acceptance before this date.
Tuesday, November 1 (morning)
Additional Open Houses:
Saturday, February 11, 10:00am